Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

What Happened to Silly Poetry?

I came upon something extremely disturbing today, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

While making a routine visit to SillyPoetry.net, John Flower's website and blog about --- you guessed it --- silly poetry, I arrived to find that the site had been taken offline, and a bizarre message that appears to have been translated into eight different languages had taken its place.

The message stated that Silly Poetry had been discontinued due to John Flower's arrest on tax evasion charges. However, the somewhat humorous nature of the rest of the message raised doubt about the validity of the initial claim.

The full text of the English translation of the message now appearing at SillyPoetry.net is as follows:
"Silly Poetry has been discontinued due to the owner, John Flower, being jailed on tax-evasion charges. He'd like to apologise for misleading you into thinking that he is a nice guy, and that he made you sign up for something as stupid as silly poems.
If you can bake, and your husband is into metal work, please consider sending him a cake."
If anyone knows what the deal with this is please let met know ASAP. John is a friend of mine, and needless to say I am concerned for his wellbeing in light of my discovery of the above message having been posted to his website.

If the above is true, if anyone knows where he is located or how I can contact his family please let met know as soon as you can. If there is any truth to the matter, I'd like to do whatever I can to help my friend.

Hopefully, this was all a big joke and will blow over soon. As for the possibility that it was not a joke, I ask that those of you pray please say a prayer for John.

I will post an update as soon as I've made contact with John and/or his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Build Your Own Website in Minutes